08 September, 2013

Lady Gaga Lives for the Applause

It's been quite a while since the "Queen of Pop", Lady Gaga herself released any music. So recently she has done it again, but this time it's something really unique and different from her previous soundtracks.

Applause is truly a catchy, modern yet uncommon piece of art that literally makes me feel lively. It drives me into using my energy for a more positive and better purpose, making me become more productive.

But the most fascinating thing that I've found or realised about the music is that it seems to be a strong reminiscent of Lady Gaga's previous singles, e.g. Bad Romance and Alejandro. I was under the impression that she was honoured and touched by the support and love that she received from her adoring fans for what she had made in the past, i.e. her popular singles and hence she claimed that she "lives for the applause", which is why there were elements in the music video that were included as she thought they would inspire or making her feel inspired and prioritised. (I know this isn't exactly 100% accurate when compared to what her true intention were, but I am just so impressed as the music video is capable of being a good reminder of Lady Gaga's past works.)
 Lady Gaga in the two pictures above reminded me of her before she got famous with The Fame.

 These two pictures of Gaga reminded me of her singles from The Fame Monster; Bad Romance (the cage and the cauldron-like container) and Telephone (the blonde hairstyle/wig)

The black-and-white ambience and Lady Gaga's blonde and short hair reminded me of Alejandro.

All the pictures above are screenshots that I have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment