26 August, 2017

When a Stranger Calls

Photo taken and edited by me on 17th of November, 2014.

Finals are coming soon, and after spending so much time studying and making notes, I've got to let myself relax and enjoy a little reward, right? Right?

That was when I found myself watching the movie When a Stranger Calls again.

I watched the one made in 2006, which starred Camilla Belle, who was gorgeous in that movie. When I first watched the movie, which was like eight years ago, I fell in love with it ever since then. I'm pretty sure it's quite underrated, but it was really, really good.

There's so many things I love about the movie. One thing being the thrilling storyline which I cannot get away from. The story becomes more intense as time flows by, as the identity of the antagonist comes to light towards the end of the film. And although I do not know what were the intentions of the antagonist, I do know that he played his role very well.

And God, the settings in the movie are absolutely amazing, and I said this mainly due to the house at where the main character, Jill (played by Camilla Belle), did her babysitting. Yes, the Mandrakis' house, or should I call mansion, is too beautiful to be described in words - although it may seem too good to be true. But I guess some people are just that wealthy. It's a house I could ever wish for (lol).

Though the story started going very slow in the beginning, it did fasten up its pace and developed into a very horrifying ending with Jill ended up on a hospital bed and traumatised from what she went through during the night of babysitting the Mandrakis' kids. And I really love the way the movie showcased the life of high schoolers in USA, which may be rather typical yet amusing, especially for someone like me who never went to a bonfire before.

No comments:

Post a Comment